Monday, July 20, 2015

A Level 10 Summoner

So I did mention that I started back on League of Legends and I've finally made it to summoner lvl 10. I know that might not seem like much to some people, particularly those who've been playing forever, but its an accomplishment for me. I'm still learning all the mechanics of the game and trying to figure out what Champions are my favorites and who I'd consider splurging all my points on.

Just to point out, this is a 'Freemium' game. Meaning that its free to play but you can pay money to progress... Not like, cheat code progression, but still boosting and stuff like that. It takes time to level up and earn those precious rune slots and points for your masteries but if you pay money or in their case RP (points bought with cash etc.) then you can get those boost to level your summoner or earn more IP (in-game currency) faster. I can honestly say that I'm considering spending a lil bit of money on this game. Not much mind you but maybe $20. I think its worth that much. The real kicker is that if I wanted to, I could charge the in-game currency to my cell phone bill. How crazy is that... or, the fact that they will take gift cards from other places as their own.

Enough about that, lets talk about the Champions... There are I think, 10 free each week for you to play and get the hang of. I bought almost all the 450 IP cost champions... Those are like the 'beginner' crew IMO. I really like Ashe and Master Yi. I find myself almost gravitating towards Yi every match. I need to start branching out and trying other people.

One of the free ones this week is...

Ahri (link)
the Nine Tailed Fox

Lore
Unlike other foxes that roamed the woods of southern Ionia, Ahri had always felt a strange connection to the magical world around her; a connection that was somehow incomplete. Deep inside, she felt the skin she had been born into was an ill fit for her and dreamt of one day becoming human...

''Mercy is a human luxury... and responsibility.''

-- Ahri

That is just an excerpt from her page over at LoL. Shes pretty impressive and I think she is where I may let my points go. I'm still trying to get a handle on all her mechanics and how to gank with her but I'll get it. Don't think its going to be easy but I'm confident in my gaming ability and think I'll be up to the challenge. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment