Monday, July 13, 2015

A New Season... Some New Blood

So as we roll into a new season there are always new shows on the horizon. I know not everyone is like me and will watch almost anything but there are a few that I've already watched one or two episodes of that I think are going to turn out rather well. I intend to list them here... (as if you didn't already know I was gonna do that?)

1st up is... Charlotte.
What we have is a shounen, school, comedy anime based around students who have powers and the small group who's trying to save them. I'm 2 episodes in and there is enough comedy and serious to balance out. Shows good promise and I definitely think its worth a look.

Next is... Monster Musume
Ecchi... and a lil weird. I've read quite a few of the scanlated chapters and this is an Ecchi harem where the girls are all monsters. Weird premise but it give it a funny spin and added dynamic. I'm usually down for a good harem with some fan service all over. I'll be watching this in it's entirety.

3rd on my list is... Gate
Now I'm only one episode in but I can already tell that im going to really like this one. Old meets new in this battle comedy where a big Gateway appears in Tokyo and soldiers come riding through on horseback with weapons that appear centuries old. Stay tuned, this one's going to be good.

4th up is... Classroom☆Crisis
I think I'm still on the fence about this one but I may end up warming up. Premise is cliché but with a twist. Typical school settings... but this class is Special. A-TEC class is all scholarship students who work at the parent company who sponsors the school. It starts with a transfer student being kidnapped and ends up as the CEO's lil brother who is actually there to shut that class down. Drama ensues...

(still with me? I've only a couple left)

At number 5 we have... Shimoneta (I'm not typing this long ass name)
This one looks hilarious. Its a school setup, future based, but the world has gotten to be some serious tight asses. "Coarse language" has been banned by law and people aren't allowed to swear or make dirty jokes. This is where the twist comes in... There is a terrorist. Yea, you get it... A dirty joke terrorist. Its a lil corny but completely fun. I'm in on this one.

Another is... Okusama ga Seitokaichou!
This is actually a short, meaning the episodes are like 8 minutes long, but the manga is so good I almost have to watch it. Starts off with heroine of the store ends up through circumstance, being the MC fiancé. He doesn't want to believe it or let her stay... but temptation. This show is a must watch for me, plus its being released in uncensored episodes! Always appreciate that.

Last but no where near least... DRAGON BALL SUPER!!!
Can we just write that one more time? DRAGON BALL SUPER. It feels really good and just saying the words make me kind of giddy. DBZ as I'm sure it did most, occupied a large portion of my early adolescent childhood. I'll be honest, I don't think I've sat through every single episode and its probably because I've watched the Frieza Saga like 5 times, but I'm actually trying to watch it with my son. He's only 4, but seems very interested when its on. I'll put it out there that even if this started terrible, and was the worst crap on TV I'd probably still watch it since its genuine CANON Toriyama himself. So, do what you must but I'll be watching this one every week, no if, and or buts about it.

Side Note...
I have some Honorable mentions... (No opinion or haven't watched them yet)
-Prison School
-Sky Wizards Academy
-Bikini Warriors


No comments:

Post a Comment