Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Baby Steps

This show is starting to peak my interest and at the same time pull me back into wanting to read the manga... I think there's like over 200 chapters out now. I just started over from scratch and I think im back into the 50s now.

I think i mentioned it before, but in case I didn't its kinda the classic setup for a shounen manga. MC is quirky and kind of aloof and gets introduced to something and becomes awesome at it in a short amount of time. That part I'm ok with because you kind of expect it to a small extent... but, its Tennis. Yea, thats right, tennis. They also throw in the object of his desire, the cutest girl in school who also happens to play tennis. Now they have something in common. The romance is subtle but nice.. like they arent emphasizing it but you kinda get the feeling they will get around to it. Anyway, hes a brainiac so to speak and a perfectionist... OCD if you ask me which is fine cuz i can sympathize. 

He's just kinda going through life no really enjoying things but hes super smart and gets all A's in school. He decides he needs to get some exercise and goes to check out STC (a tennis club) for a free trial and Natsu is a member there and shes aiming to be a Pro. He decides to join and ends up jumping feet first into the world of tennis. Also discovers he has a super power so to speak with his eyes... Doesn't every MC need a super power?

I looks like its gonna run for 25 eps so we'll have to see how far along in the manga they're going to take it because the manga actually progresses really fast. Wonder if they're going to have filler? I doubt it but who knows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment