Monday, July 7, 2014

Holy Hell... It's been a while, right?

So its been a while since my last post and I've been busy as usual keeping up with all my series plus I've also been real busy gaming on my phone... I know, weird right? Who really games on their phone now a days... I think I spend probably an hour or more almost on their daily playing games... Mostly Clash of Clans... That shit is addicting... but enough of that... onto the ANIME!!

There were shows ending right? Like I said before, I'll talk a little about that but before I do I'd like to spotlight some new shows that just started for this season...

<drumroll>

SWORD ART ONLINE IS BACK!!!
I have to say... I'm super happy this show is back... This was everything that an episode 1 should be. Established characters... pointed the story in a direction and kind of left it open for the series to properly take shape. I CANNOT wait til this gets into full swing. The last series is one of my favorite shows of all time... Hell, I've honestly watched it 3x already... and it's 25 episodes, thats like 2 seasons worth of watching. The 2nd series is going to be around the same length as well... I urge everyone... WATCH THIS SHOW! Also, if for some reason you've been living under an anime-less rock for a while go watch the first series... It was amazing!

Second show I'm very excited about is a Manga-based show called Akame ga Kill! I have to shout out to the creator of this great story... I adore the manga. I've read everything thats currently available to me... that is, that was translated and put on one of the major manga reading sites like Batoto, Starkana, or Mangahere. I really hope they can bring the essence of the manga to the screen properly because this manga is BLOODY! So far so good, I liked the first episode and cant wait for more. 
Now I mentioned how shows ended right... Well, I'm only going to mention the ones I really think you should watch... 

  1. Black Bullet - This show started off great and never let me go. The characters were endearing and you really felt the sadness in the stuff they had to deal with and persevere.
  2. Blade & Soul - The story was pretty good and ended up with some decent plot twists when I really wasn't expecting them. Also, the art on this show is top notch. Definitely suggest this one to watch.
  3. No Game No Life - Can you say... Cliffhanger?! Not that it was a bad ending by any means but you can tell they were always looking for Season 2 in the way they handled it. Anyway, this show is pure entertainment. There is always something crazy going on and the group dynamic is really fun. This is a MUST WATCH show IMO!
  4. Akuma no Riddle - Definitely took me by surprise... I don't watch YURI... like EVER! But this show kept it interesting and the action sequences were pretty decent. Kind of a predictable ending if you ask me but it was what it was supposed to be I guess.
  5. Gokukoku no Brynhildr - Another manga based but this one had an awesome plot and really original story. All the quirky characters with their powers were cool and I'd like to see a second series with this... hopefully there will be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment