Saturday, September 19, 2015

What game should I buy?

I think I talked about this recently... Through performance at work I ended up with $100 in Xbox credit ($50 of which went towards my half of Madden NFL 16 Ultimate Edition) and I also received another $50 for my birthday... Being a Madden Ultimate Team player... I couldn't resist the temptation and ended up buying Madden points so I could buy some limited edition packs... Which I got good card from...

I'm now left with $40 in credit and my wife decided to buy me another $25 so I could purchase a game. Thing is... I don't know what game I should buy. There are some options... Not sure what's going to be able to tear me away from Madden though seeing as its football season.

  1. Destiny: The Taken King (Bundle) - This option is very tempting but at the same time isn't very attractive as I already own Destiny in digital form. I'd basically be spending $60 to get the 3 expansions and an addon weapons pack. 
  2. Forza Motorsport 6 - Let me start this options with... I LOVE RACING. That being said, I've owned every Forza released and even bought 2 of them twice... once on purpose. The only downside to this is that the $60 version doesn't include the VIP and expansion pass which really is the bread and butter of this game... FM5 was PLAGUED by microtransactions and it really spoiled it for me... I don't think I've logged 20 hours with 5. Which is really low for me considering the 200+ hours I put into 3 and 4. TBH tho... this is the front runner I think...
Those 2 are what is available right now... I also have the option of pre-ordering a game... and there are some AWESOME ones on the horizon.
  1. Halo 5: Guardians - If I need to write anything about this game... then you obviously haven't seen any of the trailers or gameplay footage because DAMN!.
  2. Rise of the Tomb Raider - After the reboot of the game, which I played and loved... this game is firmly on my radar. If they can build on some of the gameplay mechanics and the story that was well done from the last game then this could be a contender for GOTY... but there's a lot of stiff competition.
  3. Star Wars Battlefront - Sci-Fi is one of my geek out pleasures and I've been a fan of Star Wars since I was a little boy. I loved their last take on the Battlefront series and this looks to be amazing. Not just a Star Wars skin for Battlefield but alot of unique game elements and modes that should remain true to the source material. One to watch for sure.
  4. Rainbow Six: Siege - This one is on the backside of my watch. I've never really been a huge Rainbow Six fan and i can count on one hand how many times I've played one of the. This one does look rather interesting though... Sporting squad v squad combat with fully destructible environments... not like BF but FULLY destructive. I watched a gameplay video where they were breaking holes in the walls to shoot through... Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment